Public Housing for the National capital Development Commission
Blocks 7, 8, 9 and 26, Section 34, Ainslie
The original houses on large blocks were typical of architecture of the 1930's with white
stucco walls, timber window frames, green metal roofs and a front portico. The new
development is in harmony with the existing housing.
As the new houses are of a higher density than the original, privacy has been a high
priority. The houses were sited to avoid overlooking and planting was placed to provide
screening. Designs make good use of solar penetration to the north at the rear of the
houses. Access for the disabled is provided.
The NCDC oversaw many public housing infill projects like Ainslie’s Aubrey Tow Court and the Suttor Street development.